Part of the mission of the Coalition is to better educate the public about housing and homelessness. To fulfill this part of our mission, we try to organize periodic sessions explaining the complicated system of affordable housing in our community. Our first session for 2015 is March 20 at the NEOCH Conference Room. We have a page of our website explaining the workshop with a copy of the flyer to advertise the event.
This year, we will have the following guests invited to present:
- We will have an overview of the HousingCleveland.org website with a focus on the fragile populations functions.
- We will have a look at the Cleveland Housing Court/mediation services and special services available for those facing an eviction.
- We will be provided an overview of the services offered by the Department of Veterans Affairs locally and the other programs serving veterans.
- There will be a presentation on fair housing and how to assert your fair housing rights locally.
- Finally, a look at Permanent Supportive housing and Coordinated Intake at the workshop. Staff from Frontline Services will talk about access, supply and program expectations within the homeless programs.
The workshop is $15 for those who will need Continuing Education credit for social workers and $10 for those who who do not need the CEUs. The workshop is March 20, 2015 from 10 to 1 p.m. at NEOCH. There is a flyer to complete and send back or you can check out our webpage.
Posts reflect the opinion of those who sign the entry.