Housing 101 Workshops
This regularly occurring workshop is directed at staff working with very low income and homeless people including social workers, case worker, and advocates. Our goal is to engage in a discussion about the difficulties in navigating the housing system for low-income communities. The workshop is a comprehensive approach to understanding the dynamic strategies for a community to provide shelter and housing. As part of attending the workshop, social workers can receive Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
How Do I Sign Up?
Remaining Workshops This Year: Friday, December 1st, 10am-1pm
Price: $15 to receive 3 Social Work CEUs and $10 for those who do not need the CEUs
To Sign Up: Contact Denise Moore
Who Are The Presenters?
- Cleveland Housing Court: Will discuss Landlord Tenant Law and services available to help prevent eviction including the mediation services at the court.
- HousingCleveland.org: Will encourage social workers to sign up to use the special needs functions on Housing Cleveland.org. It is a website that helps find affordable housing.
- Frontline Services (Formerly MHS): staff will provide an overview of Central Intake and Permanent Supportive Housing and how to access these units.
- Housing Research and Advocacy Center: Provides information on fair housing laws and how to assert your rights under this key Civil Rights era law.
- Dept. of Veterans Affairs: Will discuss their housing and homeless related services.