from the January 24, 2015 event includes:
- 1,554 guests served including 308 Veterans, 56 families and 104 children.
- 277 guests received haircuts
- 167 guests received foot care
- Close to 400 portraits for guests
- Nearly 400 rides were coordinated for guests
- More than 1,300 guests shopped for basic need items, warm winter clothing and military surplus
- 845 guests enjoyed a cold breakfast and 824 guests enjoyed a hot lunch
- More than 120 glucose screenings
- 54 medical/dental appointments scheduled
- 1,000s of people receiving access to medicaid, benefits, education, mental health, housing, and employment services
Impact from the January 31, 2015 CareVan events includes:
- 4 permanent supportive housing units for the chronically homeless provided with basic need items
- 1 supportive, family housing facility provided with basic need items
- In total over 200 residents from these facilities were served with food, basic need items and basic medical/vision checks
If you want more information on the Homeless Stand Down or volunteer opportunities go to Hands On Northeast Ohio.
Posts reflect the opinion of those who sign the entry.