From our Friends over at HandsOn NEO, they are looking for help with the January 2015 Homeless Stand Down
Most Pressing Donation Needs:
The Homeless Stand Down inventories homeless guests from local shelters each fall to assess current donation needs for the Stand Down. Based on those surveys, we are looking for the following donations:
(1) All donations should be approved by HandsOn Northeast Ohio either by email or phone. Please email hsd(at)handsonneo(dot)org with your pledge to donate before January 5, 2015.
(2) The HSD is a dignity affirming event, as such, all donations should be new or nearly new. WE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING GENERAL CLOTHING ITEMS UNLESS STATED BELOW
(3) Below is a list of desired in-kind donations. Goals for the items are based on both the Stand Down and CareVan events
- New or Gently Used Winter Boots *Goal 1,100 (700 men and 400 women) Men's sizes 10-14 **Various Women Sizes
- Winter Coats *Goal 1200 (700 men and 500 women) Men Sizes XL, 2XL, 3XL, 4XL
- New Underwear *Goal 2,800 (1,800 men and 1,000 women). Priority for Men's underwear (should be mostly boxer or boxer briefs) sizes M, L and XL
- Waterproof Gloves *Goal 1,300 pair
- Hooded Sweatshirts *Goal 1,800 **Men/Women's sizes XL, 2XL, 3XL, 4XL
- Winter Hats *Goal 1,300
- Men's Athletic Socks *Goal 2,900
* Hygiene kits (Personal Care Kits) *Goal1,600 (1,000 male and 600 female)
Preference is that they come pre-assembled by gender in bag (gallon bags or other large freezer bags work great)
o Shampoo and conditioner (full size)
o Bar of Soap
o Toothbrush and Toothpaste
o Shaving cream and Razor (Men)
o Tampons & Pads (Women)
o Other additional items if desired: floss, deodorant, antibacterial wipes,
mouthwash, nail file/clippers, comb/brush, hair ties, etc...
* Cleaning Kits *Goal of 300
o Cleaning bucket (for use and to hold kits)
o Paper Towels
o All Purpose Cleaning Solutions
o Dish Soap
o Laundry Detergent
o Dryer Sheets
* Bagged Lunch *Goal of 1,000
o Sandwich (PB&J) or Crackers and Tuna
o Whole Fresh Fruit (apple, orange, pear)
o Granola Bar
o 100% Fruit Juice
o Veggie Sticks
o Bag of Chips
* Diapers and wipes (various sizes)
* Cloth Bags/Reusable large shopping bags
Donation drop dates (location will be confirmed by 12/12)
Sunday, December 21 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Tuesday, December 23 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, December 28 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Sunday, January 4 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Saturday, January 10 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Sunday, January 11 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Saturday, January 17 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Sunday, January 18 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
MLK Day -Monday, January 19 9:30 a.m. - 12:30
MLK Day -Monday, January 19 5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Tuesday, January 20 5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Last Donation Drop Pre-Stand Down
***Please be sure to make arrangements to store donations until the specified drop off dates/times or contact our offices.
***All monetary and in-kind donations to the Homeless Stand Down are tax deductible and you will receive a thank you letter/receipt of your donation.
Thank you for continued support of the Homeless Stand Down.
Please email your donation pledge of donations to HSD(at)HandsOnNEO(dot)org
All checks must be made out to:
HandsOn Northeast Ohio" with the
"Homeless Stand Down 2015" in the memo and should be mailed to:
HandsOn Northeast Ohio
P.O. Box 91183
Cleveland, Ohio 44101
We will post their volunteer needs on Tuesday.