1. Provide a forum for homeless people to share their opinions and ideas on issues that may or may not be specific to being homeless.
2. Share information for the homeless--about homeless rights, housing, legislative issues, maybe jobs, support services, etc.
3. Provide those not homeless with a greater understanding about what homelessness means and what it costs.
4. Provide income and foster responsibility to those selling the paper.
5. Provide a medium for those in need of skills training to have a hands on experience in production of a newspaper.
6. Empower the dispossessed: homeless and housed [alike].
Copyright NEOCH and the Homeless Grapevine published July 1998 Cleveland Ohio