SEND COVER LETTERS AND RESUMES TO NEOCH@NEOCH.ORG by August 23rd, 2019
Position: Development and Communications Coordinator
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Reports to: Executive Director Full Time: 9am to 5pm (some weekends)
NEOCH: Since 1988, we have sought to break the cycle of homelessness in Northeast Ohio. We organize and empower homeless and at-risk men, women, and children through public education, advocacy, and the creation of nurturing environments. We seek to be responsive to the needs of unhoused people in Northeast Ohio by affirming their dignity. Our main programs seek to amplify the voice of those experiencing homelessness through advocacy, outreach and education. We do this through our Homeless Congress, a monthly meeting for people experiencing homelessness; coordinating the Cuyahoga Affordable Housing Alliance, a monthly meeting with housing leaders to promote affordable housing policies; publishing the Street Chronicle, a newspaper written and distributed by individuals experiencing homelessness; and the Outreach Collaborative where we coordinate homeless outreach workers to help the homeless access resources.
We envision a society without homelessness. We know reaching this goal begins from pushing society, particularly service providers and the government, to treating people experiencing homelessness with dignity and respect. The people need better shelter standards, more county support, more accessible housing, and –most importantly– more chances to have their input heeded.
Job Summary: The Northeast Ohio Coalition for the Homeless is seeking an individual who supports our mission to end homelessness, has excellent technical writing skills, is highly detail-oriented, and can work effectively both individually and with a team. The individual should be trauma informed, respect self-determination, liberation praxis, and have the ability to work with targeted and disenfranchised populations.
The Development and Communications Coordinator will work with the Executive Director in an important support role implementing development and communications strategies to further NEOCH’s mission. The Development and Communications Coordinator is responsible for managing our communications with donors, members, and the broader community. They will also be responsible for coordination of fundraising activities. This includes development of major gift fundraising, facilitating fundraising events, managing our donor database and development communications strategy including our weekly newsletters, social media, in coordination with other members of the team to meet the fundraising and communications goals.
· Collaborate with volunteers, staff and the Board of Directors to cultivate donor engagement and stewardship opportunities through fundraising or cultivation events, taking the lead in the planning of events.
· Ensure the successful planning, facilitation, evaluation and continued enhancement of all donor engagements.
· Maintain and manage the donor database and records including the daily recording of all incoming donations.
· Interact with recipients, donors, prospective stakeholders and other constituents in person, online or by phone to support their participation with NEOCH.
· Input donor activities, create queries, export the mailing list, run reports and RSVP tracking.
· Manage donor and supporter recognition, including sending thank you packages,
personal notes and other forms of recognition in a timely manner.
· Develop, coordinate, and implement our annual gala, meeting, appeal, report and membership drive.
· Generate donation queries, funding reports, acknowledgements, mailing lists.
· Track portfolio activity, progress and action items in donor database.
· Develop engaging fundraising campaigns.
· Support grant management and submissions as assigned.
· Conduct analyses and assess performance to identify opportunities and inform the strategic plan.
· Collect appropriate data and generate reports that accurately reflect activity and performance towards goals.
· Create and implement a comprehensive communications strategy and branding with specific timeframes, schedules, and metrics in collaboration with the Executive Director.
· Coordinate and manage communications, track and analyze their effectiveness, and initiate appropriate follow-up actions.
· Center the voice of those experiencing homelessness in the community through creative and engaging content.
· Develop and coordinate the distribution of NEOCH’s educational materials to the broader community including people experiencing homelessness.
· Develop and coordinate marketing initiatives and the production of materials and publications such as mailings for the annual fund appeal, newsletters, annual reports, email campaigns.
· Support the distribution of news releases.
· Manage social media platforms.
· Develop ongoing public and media relation by media inquiries, arrange interviews, writing press releases, and developing press conferences when appropriate.
· Write, develop and update content for website.
· Undergraduate Degree in the field or five years of experience in a non-profit management position.
· Experience working with the grassroots community and/or the homeless community.
· Ability to work with fragile and disenfranchised populations.
· trauma informed, respect self-determination, liberation praxis,
· Experience using a fundraising or CRM software
· Strong attention to detail.
· Excellent copywriting skills.
· Proficiency in math.
· Excellent time management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
· Ability to handle sensitive information confidentially.
· Accuracy and efficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and Google Drive/Docs/Sheets.
· Advanced knowledge of and high comfort level with generating reports, budgets and data entry, list management, and mail merge.
· A background or education in communications or marketing is a plus.
· Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
Compensation: Salary $30,000 (exempt)
· Health insurance options
· 10 days’ vacation / 10 days personal-time off
· Paid federal holidays