NEOCH Self Help Divorce Clinic
Third Fridays at 10:00 a.m. - Noon
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association Offices
The Galleria, 1309 E. 9TH Street, Second Level
This Clinic will explain the process for filing divorce in Cuyahoga County, and we will provide you the paperwork. You will not be assigned an attorney. This gives you the information to file for divorce on your own.
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A “QUICK DIVORCE”. The divorce process may take several months to complete. You must meet all requirements to be eligible for this program. You will complete the paperwork to file a divorce at the Clinic. Please be on time.
Jan. 21; Feb. 18; Mar. 18; April 15; May 20; June 17; July 15; Aug. 19; Sept. 15; Oct. 28*; Nov. 18
*October clinic is later in the month as part of County Pro Bono week celebrations
NO DECEMBER CLINIC. (To be eligible: No minor children; no assets/issues; separated at least one year).
Clinic Eligibility Requirements (MUST meet all):
- Be separated from your spouse FOR AT LEAST ONE YEAR;
- NO minor children from the marriage or with your spouse;
- NO joint assets;
- NO joint debts or liabilities;
- You are NOT buying or do not own real estate (a house, condo, other building);
- Be financially unable to hire a lawyer.
- YOU MUST HAVE A MAILING ADDRESS FOR YOUR SPOUSE. You cannot file for divorce without an address for your spouse.
Bring the Following with You to the Clinic:
- The completed Divorce Questionnaire which is available below under forms to print out and bring with you.
- The normal filing fee for divorces is $200. You may qualify to file a poverty waiver of this fee, which would reduce your costs to $10 dollars. You must have the money to file the Complaint.
- Form to print out and bring with you.