Self Help Divorce Clinic Questionnaire
A. Information About You
1. Your Name: __________________________________________________________________
2. Your Mailing Address: _________________________________________________________
3. How long have you lived in Cuyahoga County: ____________ Ohio: ___________
B. Information About Your Spouse
4. Your spouse’s name: ___________________________________________________
5. Your spouse’s mailing address: __________________________________________________
You MUST have an address for your spouse. You cannot file for divorce without an address for your spouse. The address can be the last address where you and your spouse lived together.
6. Date and place of your marriage: _________________________________________________
7. When did you and your spouse separate (Month, day and year)? ________________________
8. Do you and your spouse have any children together under 18? ___ Yes* ___ No
YOU CANNOT PARTICIPATE IN THE SELF HELP CLINIC IF YOU HAVE MINOR CHILDREN FROM THIS MARRIAGE.
*IF YOU AND YOUR SPOUSE HAVE MINOR CHILDREN BUT SOMEONE ELSE HAS CUSTODY, YOU MUST BRING A CERTIFIED COPY OF THE COURT ORDER. YOU CAN GET ONE FROM THE JUVENILE COURT (E. 22nd & Cedar.)
9. You must list the names and birthdates of all children, born during the marriage, who are now adults in the Complaint for Divorce.
10. Do you have any joint debts with your spouse? ___ Yes ___ No
11. Are you buying or own a house/other real estate?* ___ Yes ___ No
12. Do you own a house/other real estate with your spouse? ___ Yes ___ No
*Your spouse may have rights to the house or other real estate EVEN IF your spouse’s name is not on the property’s title or the mortgage loan.
Your spouse may contest the divorce and ask for his/her share of the property. At that time, you may need to hire a lawyer to help you.
It costs $200 to file a Divorce Complaint in Cuyahoga County. You may be eligible to file a Poverty Affidavit to pay part of the court costs. The minimum amount required using a Poverty Affidavit is $10.00. You must pay the $10 when you file the Complaint.
Self Help Divorce Clinic Questionnaire; 11/2/2007