NEOCH Seeks Director of Operations
Director of Operations – Job Posting
Who We Are:
The Northeast Ohio Coalition for the Homeless (NEOCH) is a non-profit coalition of service providers, housing activists, members, and homeless people. NEOCH brings together diverse interests with the common goal of finding solutions to homelessness. The mission of NEOCH is to organize and empower homeless and at risk men, women and children to break the cycle of poverty though public education, advocacy, and the creation of nurturing environments. NEOCH activities, in partnership with the homeless, include the publication of a street newspaper, staffing for service and outreach collaborations, coordination of the Homeless Congress, improving and expanding access to services, sponsorship of the Homeless Candlelight Vigil, protecting the right to vote by homeless people, publication of various Street Cards, and construction of a host of educational and advocacy activities.
More information on NEOCH can be found at www.NEOCH.org
Who We Are Looking For:
We are seeking a compassionate and understanding advocate who is familiar with the struggles of homelessness, knowledgeable of housing policy, and well-versed in the Continuum of Care and alternative solutions to the homeless crisis in Northeast Ohio. We prefer an energetic and innovative thinker who is unafraid of controversy and has the capacity to lead, inspire, and drive movements of change throughout the region.
The Director of Operations is responsible for:
- Implementing NEOCH’s mission through day-to-day operations, long range planning, and implementing the goals contained in the strategic plan created and approved by the NEOCH Board.
- Maintaining the public identity of NEOCH by assuring that the viability, mission and vision of the organization is properly represented to the community served.
- Conducting all financial, human resources, public relations, and development activities for the organization.
- Training and supervising all personnel, interns, outreach trainees and volunteers.
- Overseeing the programming at NEOCH including outreach coordination, street newspaper, advocacy, public policy and the SocksPlus programs.
A full job description of the current director can be found at www.neoch.org/directorjob
- Undergraduate Degree or five years of experience in a non-profit management position;
- Experience volunteering with the homeless community;
- Ability to work with fragile and disenfranchised populations;
- Ability to inspire and create a dynamic place to work;
- Demonstrates ability to maintain a professional and healthy work environment and ability to partner with other organizations;
- Demonstrates skills in public speaking, social media, group dynamics and the formulation of advocacy strategies;
- Demonstrates history of successfully creating and monitoring programs;
- Demonstrates an ability to work closely with partner organizations and volunteers to accomplish the strategic plan of the Coalition;
- Demonstrates ability to negotiate, make decisions and effectively represent the organization’s interests to government and community leaders;
- Demonstrates writing skills and knowledge of Windows, website and Office Suite products;
- Demonstrates an ability to raise funds for a non-profit organization;
- Demonstrates organization and time management skills.
Salary will be based on skills and experience and fall within a range of $45,000 to $55,000. Benefits package includes paid time off and health insurance stipend.
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit a cover letter explaining their qualifications and interest for this position, a resume and the names of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Confidential review of resumes will begin on Friday, April 21st. References provided by applicants will not be contacted until applicants are notified and give the search committee permission to contact references. Questions about this position or the application process should be directed to the email address listed above.
Equal Employment/Affirmative Action
The Northeast Ohio Coalition for the Homeless is committed to nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action in its employment, program operations, relationships with other organizations and our constituents. The organization will not tolerate discrimination with regard to race, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital or family status.
NEOCH acts affirmatively to meet both the spirit and the letter of applicable polices and laws and to value and respect the diverse population it serves in Greater Cleveland. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals including women, economically disadvantage populations, people of color, persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals.