NEOCH Seeks Volunteers for Committees
Seeks members of our Public Relations and Development Committees
Position Title: Volunteer Member of Public Relations and/or Development Committees Created: 9/2014
Reports To: Board of Trustees of NEOCH Revised: 10/14
Location: Northeast Ohio Coalition for the Homeless or Conference Calls
Salary: Volunteer for 4 to 15 hours a month
Length of Service: 2 year term
NEOCH currently has opening on our volunteer committees. NEOCH is seeking talented and qualified individuals who can contribute their talent to the Coalition. Please let us know which committee you would be interested in serving on.
We invite you to take an active role in promoting the coalition’s mission by joining either the Public Relations Committee or the Development Committee. By matching your interest and skill-sets to projects of your choosing, you will immediately begin working side-by-side with NEOCH staff and the Board of Trustees to maximize NEOCH’s impact on the lives of those in need.
We ask all of those that are able to attend a monthly meeting (by call or in person) and to commit a few hours of your time each month. At each meeting, you will have the opportunity to directly communicate your thoughts and ideas that will help guide future directions of NEOCH. Each willing participant will be allotted specific tasks to complete throughout the month. We at NEOCH and those that we are fighting need your help to improve the financial position of the Coalition or increase awareness of the organization. All efforts will be greatly appreciated and appropriately acknowledged.
Responsibilities for Public Relations Committee:
- Attend 5 to 8 Committee meetings a year.
- Create ideas and strategies to raise awareness of the Coalition
- Assist with the publication of at least 4 press releases a year.
- Assist with the expansion of the Street Voices program to local church, business, synagogue or school.
- Work on expansion efforts to other communities outside of Cleveland.
Responsibilities for Development Committee:
- Oversight of this $150,000 non-profit organization including financial and development oversight.
- Assist with a fund raising strategy for each year.
- Assist with Membership Campaign to develop new individual contact names.
- Work to expand the religious and business support for the Coalition.
- We need to develop a few major donors who can support the Coalition.
- Commitment to serve low income and homeless individuals.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of volunteers.
- Dedication of some time to move NEOCH forward.
Areas in which we currently are looking for individuals
Full time writer or communication’s expert
An expert or skilled individual with special events
Public Affairs/Public speaking expert
A journalist or media specialist
An individual who has website experience
A leader from the Religious community
A representative from a local corporation or small business.
To organize and empower homeless and at risk men, women and children to break the cycle of
homelessness through public education, advocacy, and the creation of nurturing environments.